For the typology project I plan on taking pictures of various writing implements. The picture is going to include both the writing utensil and the hand of the subject. The subjects are going to be writing on whatever is relevant to the utensil. The photo is going to be taken from the position of the eyes of the subject. One thing i hope the viewer is going to be able to easily see is the relation between the writing utensil choice and the handwriting. To better illustrate this I am going to try and find subjects that over emphise this idea. For example, a girl who has very eloquent hand writing could be using a nice fountain pen or something along those lines. The notebook and the notes that are on the page are going to be very neat and clean. One detail that I do not know what I am going to do about is how much of the arm is going to be showing. The arm is not the problem, rather, the clothing that the subject is wearing. Because i plan on taking most of the photos in school, almost all of the subjects are going to be wearing blue or green. However, I have not yet decided on a framing for the picture entirley so I do not know how big of a problem this is.
This sounds good. Mr. Weaver would be proud.
ReplyDelete